Discover the Secrets of Downtown
What is great about this New York walking tour?
This Lower Manhattan tour explores the history and architecture of Downtown New York. Historically this neighborhood is known as Wall Street or the Financial District. Today it is the oldest and coolest New York neighborhood.
On our 90 minutes tour you will see the main sites in Lower Manhattan. We start from the “bottom” and working your way up to the 911 Memorial/World Trade Center. We go point-to-point and show you the good stuff! See tour stops below.
The walking tour meeting point is conveniently located at Bowling Green in Lower Manhattan. That is across the street from the Statue of Liberty ferry; the double decker bus stops (hop on hop off bus), including Big Bus, Grayline and Open Loop; and close the 4, 5, R and 1 subway stops.
Scope out a place to have lunch or dinner and extend your Lower Manhattan visit.
Who would enjoy this NY neighborhood tour?
Seeing New York for the first time?
Curious to see the Wall Street Bull or the 9/11 Memorial?
Love going off the beaten path?
Live in New York, but never made it out to see the sights?
This tour is for you!
- Walk the same streets as the Dutch in the 1600s.
- See where George Washington survived an assassination attempt.
- Discover the history of Wall Street and its impact on America.
- See the site of the first car bomb explosion in the world.
- Hear about the secrets lurking in the Wall Street canyons.
- Explore the evolving financial district (hint: not a lot of finance).
- Review three centuries of the hottest architecture in New York, from Dutch gables to super tall skyscrapers.
- Witness the spirit of renewal at the World Trade Center and 9/11 Memorial.
- Bowing Green
- US Customs House
- Wall Street Bull
- Stone Street
- Fraunces Tavern
- Wall Street
- Trump Building
- The New York Stock Exchange
- Federal Hall
- Trinity Church
- Ground Zero & the 911 Memorial (last stop)
Subway Directions to Lower Manhattan
From Penn Station (the Macy’s, 34th street or Empire State area)
It takes about 15-20 minutes by subway.
Take the red subway line (1) downtown to the South Ferry stop.
Take the yellow subway line (R) downtown to the Whitehall stop.
From Times Square area
Take the red subway line (1) downtown to the South Ferry stop. It takes about 20 minutes.
From Grand Central area
Take the green subway line (4, 5) downtown to the Bowling Green stop. It takes about 20 minutes. During the NYC rush hour, it can take up to 45 minutes.
Sight Seeing Buses
Big Bus – Stop 11
Grayline – Statue of Liberty ferry stop
Open Loop – Statue of Liberty ferry stop
Weekends at 10AM
Bowling Green, next to the Downtown Alliance Information Kiosk
Tour takes place rain or shine.
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing
Adults $35 per ticket, $15 for seniors and students. Free for under 10