Alexander Hamilton Tour
Who is Alexander Hamilton?
Three years before the American Revolution, he was an illegitimate orphan working in the Virgin Islands as a merchant’s clerk.
He comes to New York with very little and through luck and brainpower becomes a hero of the American Revolution, architect of the country’s financial system, and, under President Washington, the most powerful man in the United States.
Why is he famous?
- he helped author the Federalist Papers
- he died a spectacular death — shot by the Vice President of the United States
- he overcame huge odds
- he never quite escaped the shadows of his past.
- he was the quintessential American.
- he is a self-made man.
- he left behind ideas and institutions that have lasted for centuries.
- he was involved in the first sex scandal in American history. Get the inside scoop.
- he studied at Columbia University, then located in Lower Manhattan.
- he worked with Aaron Burr to create the Manhattan Water Company.
Learn about his family:
- Wife – Elizabeth
- Son – Philip
- Sister-in-law – Angelica Schuyler Church
Many of the streets in the New York Financial District have remained unchanged for the past 200 years. Walk the same streets as our founding fathers and learn more about the stars of the Broadway Musical hit.
Schedule : Its your tour – any day and time you like
Duration: 90 min – 2 hours
Tour starts at 57 Wall Street, New York, NY 10005.
Tour stops includes places where his friends, such as George Washington, Aaron Burr, Thomas Jefferson lived, Federal Hall, Trinity Church, Hamilton’s Grave, Fraunces Tavern, Stone Street
Tour ends at the Fraunces Tavern, where Hamilton frequently went for dinner or drinks.
Email by using the link below or call us at 212-666-0175
If you have seen or planning to see the Broadway Show, you will LOVE this tour.
See where Alexander Hamilton lived, worked, went to church and dinner.
Get to know the man, his wife, children and other woman in his life.