American History Tours
American History Tour
Lower Manhattan was once a Dutch trading post and bustling seaport named New Amsterdam.
Adventurers, sea merchants, privateers, and colonists – as well as pirates, smugglers and slave traders – sought their fortunes here, and all left indelible marks on the city’s history and architecture.
On our American History tours of Downtown New York, you will:
- Walk on the old Dutch streets going back to the 1600s
- See where George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson and other prominent historical figures lived
- See Fraunces Tavern, the oldest building in Manhattan, and get free entry into their Museum
- Learn about the role of African American slavery in the evolution of America
- Learn about Andrew Carnegie, John D Rockefeller and the other men who built America
- Finish the tour at the 911 Memorial
See where real history happened. It makes it real and relevant for students
More than 400 years of history exist in Lower Manhattan.
We customize our American History tour to focus on specific time periods such as
Dutch New Amsterdam
The Revolutionary War
Just tell us what you class needs.
Many Walking Tours to Choose From: