Special Wall Street Tours
Below tours are available for custom and private tours. Click the link at the bottom of the page to request a tour.
Panics, Crashes and the Financial Crisis
Perhaps you’ve heard about the Great Depression and Black Tuesday in 1929, but did you know about the other widely felt and impacting crashes since 1792, when the stock market system was established as we know it today?
This tour highlights the biggest stock market crashes and their impact on Wall Street’s history. Hear the fascinating stories of the resiliency and pride of Americans and financiers who pulled the USA through these tough times!
All of our tour guides have worked in finance on Wall Street and can speak about the recent financial crisis from personal experience.
You will get to see both the New York Stock Exchange, the grave of Alexander Hamilton, the Wall Street Bull (which has been known to bring good luck to Wall Street!), the Federal Reserve and much more.
Women of Wall Street
Bold, beautiful, and influential…discover the female power brokers who have shaped the history of Wall Street. Your guide, a veteran of Wall Street herself, will shine a light on the women who dared to infiltrate this male-dominated industry. Hear the stories of famous women like:
- Victoria Woodhull, who opened the first woman-owned brokerage in 1870 and ran for president of the United States in 1872
- Hetty Green. a successful businesswoman whose tough nature and intense frugality earned her the title of “The Witch of Wall Street”
- Muriel Siebert , the first woman to own a seat on the New York Stock Exchange in 1967
Learn about these women as well as the women who are moving and shaking the financial world today.
Learn about Alexander Hamilton, first Secretary of the Treasury and architect of the American financial system, his friends, George Washington, the first American President, Thomas Jefferson, the first Secretary of State, and Aaron Burr, a friend and foe. Visit the sites where they lived and worked.
Learn how Alexander Hamilton became the most powerful man in the United States behind George Washington. Uncover the truth behind his famed duel with Aaron Burr, US vice-president, where Hamilton sustained wounds that eventually lead to his death. The deal between Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton that moved the US Capitol from New York to Washington DC
American History Tour
Lower Manhattan was once a Dutch trading post and bustling seaport named New Amsterdam.
Adventurers, sea merchants, privateers, and colonists – as well as pirates, smugglers and slave traders – sought their fortunes here, and all left indelible marks on the city’s history and architecture.
On our American History tours of Downtown New York, you will:
- Walk on the old Dutch streets going back to the 1600s
- See where George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, John Jay, Thomas Jefferson and other prominent historical figures lived
- See Fraunces Tavern, the oldest building in Manhattan, and get free entry into their Museum
- Learn about the role of African American slavery in the evolution of America
- Learn about Andrew Carnegie, John D Rockefeller and the other men who built America
- Finish the tour at the 911 Memorial